North Seattle Veterinary Clinic
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Preparedness Plan
To help keep our staff, clients and greater community safe, we are following the AVMA, WSVMA and CDC recommendations on increasing distance, increasing disinfection and reducing social contact. As such, we have adopted the following protocols:
- ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE NO-CONTACT. We are asking clients to TEXT us at 206-523-7187 from the parking lot to let us know of your arrival. Our appointment technicians will be taking a verbal history of your pet's health and the reason for your visit over the phone and will meet you in the parking lot to take your pet inside for their exam with the doctor. Please have your pet safely restrained with a leash or carrier and ready to hand off outside of the car when the technician arrives.
- You will be asked to wait outside or in your car and the doctor will call again to discuss exam findings and present a treatment plan and cost estimate.You are welcome to "attend" the exam via Virtual Visit - ask our Client Care team upon booking or check-in to make your appointment Virtual and make sure you have the Zoom app downloaded on your device.
- We will ask for a credit or debit card at check in, or payments can be made over the phone with our client care team at the end of your visit. Your pet and any medications will be brought out to you at the completion of the visit. Please be sure we have your current email address on file for your receipt.
- If you are feeling ill (cough, sore throat, fever, changes in breathing) please cancel your appointment, and call back to reschedule when you have been well for at least 3 days. Or have a healthy friend or family member bring your pet in for you. If someone else brings your pet in, please be available by phone to discuss your concerns or allow your friend or family member to make medical decisions in your absence.
- We will be using our own disinfected leashes for mobile dogs and will ask you to remove your leash and collar at the car for transfer. If your small dog is not mobile, or you are bringing in a cat, rabbit or pocket pet, please have them in a carrier for transport.
- Due to an increased demand of sick pets and the more time-intensive curbside protocols, we are limiting the number of Annual Exams and New Clients/Patients in order to accommodate our existing clients. Please be patient with our team as we may need to book these well-pet appointments out several weeks into the future.
- Due to this increased demand of appointments for pets in need, and an increase in New Client no-shows, we are kindly asking for a small deposit for all New Clients to secure your appointment slot. This deposit will be applied to the visit and is fully refundable if canceled with 24 hours' notice.
- We also have telemedicine consult appointments available for some health conditions that do not require a full physical exam. Video or phone cat is also available at the time of your pet's curbside appointment. Please call our office to discuss and set up an appointment.
- If you need to pick up medications or food, please call ahead to pay for the items over the phone. When you arrive, please call or text and let us know you are here and we will bring the items out to you. Also know we have a wonderful online pharmacy where you can purchase medications and foods delivered to your home. Click here to shop. *Please note we are unable to mail prescriptions from our office to your home at this time.*
- At this time, we are happy to say that we have not had any confirmed cases of Covid-19 in our hospital staff. Thank you again for helping us keep it that way! 😊
There is no evidence at this time that your pets can carry or transmit the virus. Experts do recommend, as a precaution, to quarantine and limit your contact with both pets and people if you are showing symptoms of the virus and allowing a healthy family member to care for pets if possible. If you must care for your pets while ill, they recommend washing hands before and after care and avoiding touching, petting, snuggling and kissing your pets until you are well again.
Thank you for your support for our team. Stay safe!
Dr. Adawna Windom, DVM
Dr. Melissa Nathanson, DVM
Dr. Jessica Allmendinger, DVM
Dr. Craig Meredith, DVM
Dr. Amy Neer, DVM